Saturday 28 August 2021

Thirty-Two Hundred Miles / Naomis' Song

Thirty two hundred miles, Naomis’ song, Ray Scott and Naomi Woodyatt On my way to Heaven, I was tryin’ to say goodbye Little girl, Naomi, lost in Cork Town, delayed flight The runaway it is wide open, thirty two hundred miles A bastard slipped that poison in your drink, you couldn’t fight Thirty two hundred miles across, the distance of your scars While Hailey’s comet whirls around, collecting fallen stars From Ireland to Pearson, you were desperate to come home So shattered, fooled and shaken, burryin’ your pain alone And I should have been the only thing to be put so deep down I was flying up to heaven when you got onboard that plane I was knowin’ that a demon put that poison in your veins If feelin’ is believing, give me one more final day And I’d fly across the ocean girl, to blow that man away You don’t deserve this pain, my baby girl You’ve given so much love to this big world He robbed you of your happiness that day To kill him now, won’t ever take your pain away If you could fly, you’d have been here, to say goodbye If planes and comets all were angels, broken stars would never be alone to cry You don’t deserve this pain, my baby girl Naomi, daughter, all I ever wanted was for you to know the love in this big broken world With every final flutter of my blinking eyes I tried to put another crack in the hand of time So I could freeze the ocean waves and ride the comets’ torn-up tail across Thirty two hundred miles of scars and wounds at any cost Thirty two hundred miles of scars and wounds and tears To travel through, to bridge the gap t’ween missing years Little girl, Naomi I will never rest in peace Until I find you justice so that you can finally trust again and sigh and sleep Willow My sweet willow My willow We will Rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment