Saturday 28 August 2021

The Big Blue Thumb

I’ll never understand the blue thumbs stickin’ down Whole lot of cowards, who needs them around Every place on this big Earth Crawlin’ with critics of self-interest, dot-con bullies and internet jackasses and terrified jerks sometimes people sometimes purple eggplant peach pilots livin' on pluto, vaccation on mars, criticisin' tics a' talkin' selfie stick ridin' karaoke stars Cyber kids with grown up hearts Startin’ out brave to have em’all torn apart Internet casting call world wide Everyone can audition, everyone tries Some tic-tock-in’ happily, then they soon leave, with lifelong tears wellin’ up in their eyes You say, you aint’ been hung over in all of your life ‘Cus you ain’t never stopped drinkin’ accept once or twice A whole lot o’ people, givin’ blue-thumbs-down The very first colour to kids, of the dreaming skies and ocean waves and of fragile brave Received by their fantastic eyes and then locked up in prism Dreamin’ turned to schism We build them up to be put down Who needs these kinds of A-holes around? So many role models, with elbows for knees And fingers for toes And when they blink, I sneeze Geeze’ Tom Stewart Friend to me, You n’ me we have guarded dreams Locked up gifts of creativity So all those critics in internet land Can all go back to take a look in their hand They can turn their big blue thumbs all the way around Somersault, cartwheel through their funhouse of frowns And stick em’ where their suns go down And make the efforts over easy No big dream sounds a little cheesy So process this Sorry to bug And open up for a great big hug And then kiss right off Or take my hand while we cut up a rug I’ll never understand the big blue thumb Pointing down, where your thoughts come from Bravest babies, big blue eyes Growing cold to criticize Fear, threat and hostility Just upside down and scrambled hospitals n’ hotels without a couple o’ Ps’ Every place in the new universe, has hidden cowards and scared little jerks Say, Hey, big kid What can else can I do? Don’t my magic mean anything to you? Say hey, mom and dad This is my new song Hey hey, gotta’ play, without fear of how I sung And big blue thumbs Say hey, go’way I’m just serious about my fun Dream dream away Hitchin’ rides with my blue thumb…. Big blue thumbs Sarcastic thumbs Go’way Hitchikin’ big blue facebook don’t kill the messenger thumbs Group chat thread Catch flies n’ lies Perpetuating child cries

No comments:

Post a Comment