Saturday 28 August 2021

Pass me a beer

Pass me a beer: Ray Scott It is early afternoon, 130 Saturday in quarantine I’m all alone with re-runs on and I’m thirsty My sweetheart left a month ago N’ I crack a tall can, in my robe N’ all this social distancing has left me feeling heavy The west town’s closed the park’s roped off And Locke Street’s like a vacant lot Beer time right now’s as good as any So pass me a beer Pass me a beer Gotta' pass the time without the fear When the world aint’ right And we can’t unite Pass me a beer n’ I’m alright I’ll be fast asleep by 5’oclock Skipping supper with cupboards stocked Facebook, Tinder, Netflix, Tic-Toc Beer, beer, beer Thinkin’ I might take a walk Then, what’s the point, might catch a cough Gonna’ get me a beer, beer, beer When all hysteria disappears We’ll take our masks off, drink some pints Hit the town n’ help each other make it right And… Pass me a beer Pass me a beer Doesn’t matter where we’re from, r’ what we’re doin’ here When nothing goes right, put out the lights N’ pass me a beer n’ we’re alright Pass me a beer n’ I’m alright

No comments:

Post a Comment