Saturday 28 August 2021

Dancing in the kitchen

Dancing in the kitchen Ray Scott Oh, Blue-Eyed Sue Getting close to you Is like finally being home One thing is true, now, without you, I don’t ever want to dance alone Well, it’s a quarter to nine and I’m doin’ fine My heart feels like it’s finally keepin’ time We started dancing in the kitchen Letting ourselves go Neither one of us were leading Going with the flow I forgot what was the matter All the worries of my world When I took one long look at her Eyes wide, like wild roses as we embraced and unfurled Oh blue-eyed Sue, my rhythmic tics are all but cured tonight Well, it’s a’ quarter to ten and I’m alive again The dance floor-clicks move up n down like we’re setting off on a sailing ship From a floating dock, up in my mind, so intertwined, your soft cheek touchin’ mine No need for cabernet or port We were doin’ more than fine We moved slowly back n’ forward On a moonbeam through the blinds Swaying between seconds, following no path Reaching ‘round our minutes, gentle hands n’ steady breath And we laugh ourselves right up inside of validating vines Hold me in your love vine While we just let our song flow While we age much like a fine wine Dancing in soft spotlight of the moon, Glowin’ blue eyes; Sing me one more soul felt tune, before you have to go Oh Blue-Eyed Sue, you’ve waltzed into my fragile state of mind Well, when quarter to eleven strikes, like quiet thunder, kissing lips that calmly taste the moment between times We slipped out of our socks They were catching on the ol’ click-floor Cautiously uninhibited, like two-stepping ‘tween sharp rocks The more my conscious shifted, she caught me with her soul Embraced me with her angel wings Cradled me in force field rings Every time I held her, from that moment at the door To free-flow in my kitchen, jigsaw dancing ‘cross the floor I felt like if she stopped right there n’ then, everything important I’d be missin’ I’d never dance alone, without her, forever, anymore again Oh Blue-Eyed Sue, when I dance with you, i feel like I found home Came by, one frantic Friday night, n’ took my hand, in my kitchen And my heart’s finally keeping steady time When I dance with you, Sweet Blue-Eyed Sue, I’ve made it home and I’m finally doin’ fine. When I dance with my Blue-Eyed Sue I’m finally doin’ fine

No comments:

Post a Comment