Saturday 28 August 2021

Dance right out on me

And She Danced Right Out On Me, Ray Scott Dance around this frozen ground N’ dance right out on me Butterfly, twirl in the air Spinning off your feet Held your hand, and let you go To float n’ fly above I tried too hard to catch a spirit, in self-conscious love When failing’s all I ever knew And falling’s all I know Your strength is independence Your light’s now my remembrance Your candles and your box of wine Your soft, sweet, smilin’ brown eyes glowing You’re a skating princess butterfly and you intrigued my mind The weekends with you, kept me goin’ How I tried to make it last forever and much longer All in all, the sculptures melt in small amounts of time Like springtime in the bench of Jordan valley, in stone cellars Sweet, Lea-Anne my butterfly I wish I could’ve held myself together In that space, between my floundering mouth and moody mind I wish that I was stronger You dance on ice You’re free You dance to music gracefully You compel the band to play for you And the dance floor and the ice rink needs you I never realized how much that myself got in the way I never loved myself enough until you slipped away Skate on Dance on Fly Fly away Butterfly Butterfly The soft, dim lights through slight fog humming your name from the stage Your energy keeps them all goin’ While the band’s about to play, And she danced right out on me

No comments:

Post a Comment