Saturday 28 August 2021

Dr. Dare

Doctor Dare, Ray Scott Well Darius worked beside RayJay, for the last three years or so Sortin’ through his problems and everyone else’s mail He had two boys and a lovely wife and a very busy home He barely slept, always on the go, his loyalty never failed He always had an ear to lend and time to hear bad news Ol’ RayJay would drive away, n’ he’d be stuck with all his woes n highs n’ lows He stayed out late, building hockey rinks in the family backyard Freezing cold, in floodlight moon, while the kids watched from the window And fightin’ over Nintendo Oh Doctor Dare Oh Doctor Dare! Can you hear me! I need you Doctor Dare My life’s such misery, it’s an emergency My girlfriend’s gone, how can I go on, come save me, Doctor Dare! Well Darius rushed through every day so he could coach both of his kids From lost math texts to finishing checks every tournament he’d be there He gave RayJay their pots n’ pans and all his bar fridge beer And he just smoked a cigarette while his free time disappeared Oh Doctor Dare! Whoa, Doctor Dare! Will you spare a few more minutes, Doctor Dare! My ex-wife is relentless and my kids won’t come n’ see me Please help me to get through this! It’s an emergency! Doctor Dare Well, RayJay had to leave the station and he never said goodbye Doctor Dare finally was in peace n’ quiet confused as to why, he hated it! Well he took a smoke break, for goodness sake and he called home to the wife Honey, fire up that backyard whirlpool, I’m gonna' have a real good cry Doctor Dare! Whoa Doctor Dare! Will anybody care for Doctor Dare! Works two jobs then coach and counselor, Morning, noon and night And somewhere in the middle, happy wife means happy life Kids, put your jammies on Doctor Daddy needs a nap Pillow fights and blanket forts Uneaten lunch in lost napsacks Chocolate bars in brand new cars with cloth interiors Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment