Saturday 28 August 2021

Amor-Fati

Amor-Fati / She Will Return, Eternally, Ray Scott The leaves on the branches are gone Clan coat of arms colours have faded I swear to not force things anymore Little girl, you’ve drifted so far away Are efforts all in vain in the end To try and be your father again An echoing ghost wind’s haunting my frames of mind Mistakes, in a misery blizzard, buried me In winter, freezing lifetime He cannot win, he cannot win Front row center, all alone while you’re achieving I’m awe-stricken and I’m praying that you’ll never stop believing Over and over again, with each new dream-rise, Springtime, recurring And then…. Ah, ahh. A love so strong, redeems what was lost (Naked branches, all covered by frost) Your smile-light melts hearts’ snow-drift away Eyes of infinity sing Amor-fati He cannot win, he cannot win And then… Ah, ahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment