Saturday 28 August 2021

Camping Fever

Camping Fever: By Ray Scott On the shores of ol’ West Lake by the banks of Garrette’s Isl. Cabin 5 Campers settin’ up site N’ singin’ songs by firelight Pitchin’ tent, testin’ limits, tellin’ jokes Moonin’ the ministries Dan n’ April had us all writin’ notes Apologies to the fisheries A shooting star streams outta’ sight What a wonderful night We’ve paddled through in our canoe In a twenty one year moonbeam of memories and music Every year renewed Visits from the tragically hip Playin’ our ballad for them Paul and Bob said our song was so real All smiles, what moments back then We were all just big silly ol’ kids Nurse Barlow tryin’ so hard not to laugh All night jokes, yo mamma so fat… We kinda’ all got in trouble for that While the glow of the soft sighing moon Cast a calm cross the lake, off the dunes Strummin’ songs, leaving worries behind It was always a magical time A shooting star streams outta’ night What a wonderful sight I paddle through in my canoe Through tidal wave worry Cuz’ of friendships and memories Of each and every single one of you I still believe in sunshine Trilliums growing in the rain I still believe in sunshine Laughin’ singin’ n’ splashing in the rain Hey - I think I hear my name Hey – I think I hear it again

No comments:

Post a Comment