Saturday 28 August 2021

The Globe

The Globe: Ray Scott We went drinking at the Globe, in Johnstone, Renfrewshire Near ma’ fathers’ birthplace, Cousin, Irwin McIntyre and I, T’was karaoke night, the taps was cold as icy snow Feelin’ right at home, for the holiday there on High street About 15 miles from my last kiss in Glasgow They sang Sweet Caroline, as we drank a few more pints Tellin’ stories of dads’ childhood in Scotland And dear, sweet Granny Mac, feisty angel we all love And the ol’ days, before she and grandpa left the Clan To start a new life far across the ocean Felt like I was home in Clydebank, strollin’ on Killbowie Rd. From Elderslie to Edinburgh, to tattooed at the Bees Knees Chippy Boat and trainspotting and stumblin’ on the Tram Mcmonagles- take’way, few doors down where Sick Boys’ pub is found With Erin Joe and Patrick, my family Let’s hear it for the McIntyre’s a many The brave hearts on Elderslie streets As feisty, as good as my granny Long live the love and dontcha’ think twice, Aboot wrongin’ any ol’ right with this here family Down in the Glencoe Valley, Irwin McIntyre n’ me Through the mist and rivers Where three witches follow me At Loch Lomond, I’m wanderin’ Like a love-lost little boy, Staggerin’ in the highlands… Just where can my sweetheart be? So let’s hear it for Sweet Maggie McIntyre She’ll live on forever, by Irwin and his crew She married into The Scott Clan, love was true Still, McIntyre’s in my heart In Maggie Macs’ Muir Eireann eyes, it’s what she always knew

No comments:

Post a Comment