Saturday 28 August 2021

Basement Apartment

I don’t want to’ live in a (Basement Apartment) By Ray Scott Rumble, stumble I can’t sleep Howling’ hound, heavy on your feets Ceiling’s fallin’ down on me Work all week and I can’t find peace I don’t want to live in a basement apartment All this overtime’s made me a wreck I am not at home in your basement apartment I’m so sick and tired of paying rent I’m so sick and tired of paying rent All my overtime, already spent Plaster falling on my couch Scurry, furry little mouse Cold air blows through old window Furnace heat’s outta’ my control I don’t want to live in a basement apartment Feel like blowin’ fuses purposely I don’t want to pay for your many vacations I just want to play guitar in peace Every day and every night on eggshells of anxiety I’m so worried, I don’t even like to come home Final nerve is fraying at both ends, down to the bone All I want’s to be a man, securely standing on his own two feet Cuz’ heart is where the home is I don’t want to live in a basement apartment Tired of paying for my life’s mistakes (someone else take over) I don’t want to live in a basement apartment Why the Hell Can I not catch one break! (knock it off up there! For God Damn Sake!) I don’t want to live in a basement apartment I’m so sick n’ tired of paying rent I’m so sick n’ tired of paying rent All my overtime and no one up there seems to go to work What do I keep on doing this shit for!

No comments:

Post a Comment