Saturday 28 August 2021

Rockton Fair

From the Grand River Trail to The Rockton Fair: Dedicated to my 1st place singers, By Ray Scott I’m going to Caledonia with Emmie-Rose Take a Grand River walk neath’ the weeping willows Then we’ll take a ride to the Rockton fair The October wind in the country air messin’ up my hair In the midway lights at the Rockton fair We’re gonna' take a stroll, hold my sweater sleeve All the colours of fall and the maple leaves Scattered and stomped by the Clydesdale steeds Pony jump derby track country breeze Thanksgiving And my sweet Emmie-Rose with her cotton candy sings As the tilta’ whirl slingshots us - while the scrambler swings Midway lights swirl, the hammer game rings On a starry night, at the Rockton fair In the night At the Rockton fair I think we’ll take a ride out to the ol’ Fairgrounds N’ check out the contests and farm shows too Sweet Emmie-Rose, just me and you Day n’ night at the Rockton fair I think we’ll take in the o’l country air, while we walk through the smoke n’ flashing lights I’m gonna’ watch my sweetie sing from the heart, while overall Dan dedicates to his horse In the ol’ main hall Sweet little girl, singin' Elvis Presley First place can’t help falling in love I’ve gotta’ get my smilin’ girl a glow balloon Smiles for miles on her and me In the collective glow of October moon And all the country air at the Rockton Fair Farris Wheel turns while we watch from the sky Sweet little songbird, tears in my eyes Music blasts in and out for the stir From the shot-put spin of the tilta’ whirl We’re gonna’ take a ride to the Rockton fair By the Grand River way to the midway night Gonna’ leave it behind n’ park it back at our home Have the time of our life and just let it alone Little girl come and hold my hand and I’ll carry our coats and ribbons n’ things Emmie-Rose please, hold a sweater sleeve on a starry night At the Rockton Fair In the Midway lights On a country night In the midway lights At the Rockton Fair I love you for always, I like you forever For I can’t help, falling in love with you At the Rockton Fair In the midway lights, on a starry night At the Rockton Country Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment