Saturday 28 August 2021

Love/hate matters and crusty ol' letters

Hate/Love-Letters N’ ol’ Crusty Hose-bags: Ray Scott She brought her laundry over once a week, Frozen hamburgers and wonder bread We got on, like the Ropers till I retired to bed Fireball whisky wore off, she would quietly leave Broken springs and flat couch cushions And it’s just another lonely weeknight Cleanin’ dog hair outta’ the lint trap and my clothes White noise fan drones on so I can sleep alright Sawin’ logs n’ wakin’ up to turn the light off on the stove Locking up the revolving front door 2:00am text from her home Sweet Serenie, I’ll not worry anymore Goodnight, sometimes, friend, I’m always here alone Ah’ sweet Serenie, come cuddle me Go away. Now, why’d ya’ leave? Sweet Serenie, can’t ya’ stay? Love/hate relationship has sailed away My mind’s like an old apartment building So many tenants renting space Management is unforgiving Landlord’s always on my case So, come again, please, bring your laundry N’ fireball, we’ll share a toast To quiet nights, we’ll think of fondly Cut you’re the one who I love/hate most Awe, sweet Serenie How I hate to love you so I’m happy and I’m angry You can leave but please don’t go Awe, my sweet Serenie You can bring your diet coke Takin’ in all my incense smoke Watch the YouTube videos Wash yer’ dirty clothes Overwhelm me with your mind In pittance of time Like you just stole from the blind Away she goes….Away goes sweet Serenie

No comments:

Post a Comment