Saturday 28 August 2021

Hate/love matters and rusty ol' treasures, edit

Hate/Love-Letters N’ Crusty ol' Hosers: Ray Scott She brought her laundry over once a week, Box of sirloin burgers n'wonder bread We got on, like the Ropers till I retired to bed Fireball whisky wore off, she would quietly leave Broken springs and sunken cushions Bachelor bios and fresh starts Independence; always lookin' Who'll go halvsies on my heart? And it’s just another lonely weeknight Cleanin’ dog hair outta’ the lint trap and my clothes White noise fan drones on so I can sleep alright Sawin’ logs n’ wakin’ up to turn the light off on the stove and this here night Locking up the revolving front door 2:00am text from her home Sweet Elouise, I’ll not worry anymore Goodnight, sometimes, friend, I’m always here alone Ah’ sweet Elouise, come cuddle me Go away. Now, why’d ya’ leave? Sweet Elouise, can’t ya’ stay? Hate/Love relationship has sailed away My mind’s like an old apartment building So many tenants renting space Management is far too unforgiving Landlord’s always on my case So, come again, please, bring your laundry N’ fireball, we’ll share a toast To quiet nights, we’ll think of fondly 'Cus you’re the one who I hate/Love the most Awe, sweet Elouise How I hate to love you so I’m happy and I’m angry You can leave but please don’t go Awe, my sweet Elouise There my lovely Elouise goes You can bring your diet coke Takin’ in all my incense smoke Watch the YouTube videos Wash yer’ dirty clothes Overwhelm me with your Svengali mind Like you just stole the glasses from the blind Away she goes….Away goes sweet Elouise Away Sweet Elouise goes with her fireball, her diet cola, all her Wonder Bread n' clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment