Monday 11 August 2014

Poem-A-Day by BlogTramp Ray

Mutaz Abu-Ramadam

Mutaz Abu-Ramadam
Mutaz Abu-Ramadam
You thought I was your only friend
But I never helped you in the end
They made you fear the high school hall
He kicked your chair, "Go back!" He'd call
I stood with them while they stole your boots
Those ignorant attacks on you
Mutaz Abu-Ramadam
Mutaz Abu-Rama..DAMN!
You thought I was a friend...
Man! I should've been a friend!
Your family held out their hand
But now I am a lonely man
You're still my favourite refugee
I never helped to set you free
ABU!
Abu!
They ridiculed your Palestine
That coward wolf packs' hating kind
They all thought with insecure minds
As one! So fearful, frozen there was I

Your Bully, Boroff’s now a U.S Cop
'Been told his hating hasn't stopped
Abu!
I should've stood and fought with you
Oh. Abu!
'Never really was a friend to you
Mutaz Abu-Ramadam....
Mutaz Abu-Rama---DAMN...
I sat right next to him
Should have put a stop to him
You were my favourite refugee
You thought you had a friend in me
But I did nothing to help set you free
I was the first one to be kind to you
But I never was a friend to you
Confidant
Allies?
Brotherhood of men?
Your family offered friendship first
Crab Apples fell next to the Tree Where I stood
I could've, would've should've helped you then
But Walt Whitmans' road it just ain't really open
Abu!
Mutaz Abu-Ramadam....






No comments:

Post a Comment