Saturday 2 August 2014

Poem-A-Day by BlogTramp Ray - The Lady White Willow

The Lady White Willow:

There is a tree on the ledge of shadow and moonlight, on the horizon of a haunting midnight in late January and she is called The Weeping White Willow and she is covered snow white and she is chiming with flakes of frost-ice. There is still warmth that stays, within her smile as she calls for me, every time I feel alone, with my roots anchored, kilometers deep in the dark, suffocating winter coffin of cold clay. I'm outside, a hundred below; I can feel her face, a warmer place when I'm walking with nowhere to go.
And she cries out, a ghostly shrill that whistles through my unsealed window
While her branches sway, brushing off the snowdrift on my soul and the collected conscious troubles of the repressed day.
And she’ll melt all away
On the snowed in ledge of languor where I lay
For when she takes my hand and holds me, where I finally face her
And when I see her waning eyes, like the moon; still gently shimmering from the sunrays
With my gentle heart, once frozen ‘Neath a glacier
My troubles drift away
Like the river rolling down a hill meanders
I rest assured that I am not alone
This place, so safe, so warm, Lady White Willow
And this moon is a looming ghost
And all these stars are frozen, lost souls
Of so very long ago
Burnt out, fallen, flares of blind hope
And the icy pond is a mirror of the giant, frozen sky craters, on life support of starlight
The reflection that the past is still alive
And of dreams represented
In the sky, by what we aim for, and we still have yet to find
Though when I touch her face
While the branches sway
Within warm, safe peace; a cradling embrace
Oh, for Lady, White Willow
I can, still feel her smile
Every time I’m there, I never am alone

For when I feel her sway
And whir the snow-dust slumber from my eyes
My soul can see tomorrow lights
Her softly weeping branches sway and sigh
While dawns’ new breaking light shines like the heavens,
Bright and warm upon my reawakened face

No comments:

Post a Comment