Monday 18 August 2014

All I Can Offer = #another Poem-A-Day by #BlogTramp Ray

All I Can Offer


 I’m slipping away, cuz’ enmeshed, we’re not free
Unsure who it is that you think I should be
I’m living all moments fused into one
Four walls crowding in, closing on me

Let me live too
Accept me, for I love you

I’m sure that you wanted, a love that was new
But all I can offer is myself to you
You’re asking of me, something unlike the rest
But I’m only human when I’m at my best

Help me find a way
Tell me, that we’re okay

all the damage that is done!
And everything we’ve overcome.

I realize that it’s gonna’ take time
We need to open ourselves again
Winner or loser, it doesn’t matter
Trust me, my love, we can leave it all behind

Please take my hand as we intertwine
I’ll validate you. I’ll empathize
Show me your truth. Show me your nature
Please realize who you are to me

You’re my truest and greatest friend

No comments:

Post a Comment