Tuesday 12 August 2014

Poem-A-Day; BlogTramp Love Ethics in Alleyways and Corridors

Love Went Away

It’s hard to think about it now; I gave so much just to furl in sorrows’ shroud
And now I stand, so far behind, asking myself, “How could I have been so blind?”

I gave my soul and so much more but I lost the games
Too much trust and self doubt were to blame
I tried so hard to make things right
Over and over, every day I had to fight

I close my eyes as I try to disappear
All the while I have been so damned sincere
I turned around and love went away

To be alone, stranded outside of the room we once waltzed into
In some other frame of mind
I’d rush right home, only for her
But is that true, or did it just make me lonelier?

Chorus / stop the tears…

And as I fell into lost hope, within cold streets, shattered dreams knocked me down
Addressed myself in disarray. I now know that I was not sane. I was not sane!


Jacqueline

I’d tell her how I feel right now, if I knew exactly how, without sounding this confused
I’d tell her what she needs to know, if I could let my feelings show
It’s her that I’m afraid to lose

Jacqueline

For now I’ll hesitate to write, letters to her every night, fearing that I’ll complicate things
I’ll call her name out everywhere, accept that she can’t hear me there
Believing that she’ll reappear

Jacqueline – I need her here with me

Someday when it’s all made right, I’ll begin to hold her tight
And ask her if she will forgive me

Need to have her by my side, need to hear her happy voice,
Need to be the one she marries

Jacqueline - repeat
Illusions     

Am I projecting your illusion as you smile and saunter by?
Am I self-subjecting to a second-hand smoke, clouding up my eyes?

I am nervous. I’m delighted and surprised when you appear
I’m tied in knots and clumsy, then, caught fumbling in fear

For when you look in my direction I feel butterflies
Fooling, for a moments’ millionth, as you smile, my own vacillating mind

I simply can’t remember when I’ve felt this way before
Even if this image is just only what I burn for
When all the while, all those looks, were looks and nothing more
And for the past few tears, I’ve sighed, from time to time to time
This reoccurring dream of you, have I merely dreamt it
For to cherish and adore?





I’m Still Holding this Rose

I’m holding this Rose, when everything is silent
The entire garden is withered
And outside is a blizzard
Standin’ outside, forgetting where the time went
And the flowers that they all sent
In my dreams, I kiss her,
Thought of lost memories, terrifying
As I roam off into the sunset
Pray; whenever I rise, to meet again
I’m still holding my Rose

I’m holding my Rose out on your veranda
The Garden is empty
Dead leaves all around me
The curtain’s still slightly open
Close my eyes and hear her sing accapella
My heart melts while I’m frozen
Suspended in a moment
I dance with her spirit
While I’m holding this Rose

I’m holding my Rose
I’m holding my Rose

I’m holding my Rose as I’m sinking down in wet sands
I’m reaching up with both hands
Crying out across Lake Ontario
Empty echoes of the moon glow
The waves rush, my tears flow
When I close my eyes,
I’m holding my Rose         

Climb mountains to reach her
Burn bridges to see her
Cross oceans to find her
Fly to the Heavens to hold her
When I stop falling, I’ll be holding my Rose
Whenever I rise, I’ll be holding my Rose
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment