Thursday 14 August 2014

Buskin' from the borderline - postcards from the edge: BlogTramp Ray

Stronghold

Within this gentle spirits' bodys' beaten mind
Strongholds of evil reoccur
for every beat of my anxious heart
through day and night and thunderous flash flood it endures,
The cycle dies and seasons fade
All is reborn but not anew
Marionette strings tighten on
another catastrophic conscience abduction
another cycle swings, twists and turns then loops
through every harnessed, strapped-in nightmare dive
and torturous corkscrew whiplash swirl
I'm ripped and rammed then hurled
through fiberglass and pounding pipes and ferocious phantom flames
I'm captured by barbaric stronghold games
Let still redeem
my love for what or where or better yet, for... who?
after all that pain and still, this HELL that all this stronghold has put me through



Duped by day, Deceived by night

Naked
Wasted
Taken
Again
Instrument of your deception
Castrated, manipulated, emasculated
in front of the kids and then
I'm dragged in once again
I cannot ever win
My world is caving in
I'm losing everything
Your metaphoric drug addiction is my suffering
Naked
Wasted
Taken
Again
Alienated
humiliated
devastated
Again
and
Again
\
Twisted
Listless
Stop signs
Going by
Tearful
Pent up
Shaking
Can't cry

Perhaps my biggest question -
Is resiliency something that I can still be taught
Or is defeat something that I have already learned?

Ray Scott’s Daily Affirmation:

If I can't laugh at myself... everyone else won't have company.

Scene –

No comments:

Post a Comment