Thursday 31 July 2014

The Memory Stays

The memory stays In my sunny backyard, I reflect… Time slips away, gone so fast, the memories stay All I think of is the rain still sighing misty gray, ‘falls so softly, sad and lonely Flowing for this late summer day Waiting by the fire still glowing, embers smoldering, thinking the dream away Gold and red and rust, crumbling leaves. September breeze blows me rose dust The sighing fall wind kisses me while her spirit fades I look into her welling eyes for the final time She fades within the smoldering night The memory stays Her spirit seems to sing and cry in passing days and gentle times In quiet fields of fireweed and fading light I wish to hold her closely now. I don’t know how. So far away, the memory stays The sighing fall wind chills me while she sings goodbye I look on West Lake, somberly, with tears in my eyes. I now feel so alone. I return home Her memory (the memories) They stay In my sunny backyard, Her memory stays I reflect

No comments:

Post a Comment