Wednesday 30 July 2014

poem-a-day by blogtramp ray

*The News –* I hear a blind artist screaming at the sun every time I listen to the newsI hear of hurricane winds ripping through the world every time I listen to the news I see a thousand soldiers dying in the desert every time that I watch the newsI see some politicians hollering for early elections every time that I watch the news I think of constant fear that’s planted in my mind every time, every which way that I read into the newsAnd I’m told of jobs all gone in suffering economies every time that I read the news I hear a child cry while bathing in the rain every time I listen to the newsAnd I hear the warplanes tearing up the smoggy, blood red sky….. And I hear the prophets gathering on the burning oil minesAnd I hear the millions fighting o’er religion till they die Tumbling towers falling to the ground, a nation criesSeveral more will suffer from these quakes, they’ll drown, they’ll dieEvery time my mind is on the newsEvery time I read too much into the newsEach and every time my mind is pulled into the sexy, slutty, newsAnd I think the news’ viewers are all soon road-kill, frozen in their headlines,On the street, confused and lonely, out of place and entranced at deer-crossingsEvery time I listen to the newsIt’s all about what monsters take and twist up in their mindsAnd mulch in their machines while ripping up the countrysideEvery time I listen to the newsThe reverend says respect your leaders every single timeThat I tell him what was on the news

No comments:

Post a Comment