Monday 19 August 2024

Avondale Angie

I’m gonna’ meet Whisky-lips Lipovsky at The Nicol for some pints A couple a’ North end Beer Whigs sharing eavesdrop broken biography life While a mere girl, ‘cross the road Waits for her mother on the line She stands out-front her childhood home With nowhere else to go Avondale Angie’s gonna’ take that sweet girl in And those babies will be safe real soon, N’ that fresh start can begin While I ramble on the next day I fill my coffee on my way And Avondale Angie’s gonna’ make me feel alright If Corner Bar Cathy makes sure I get home tonight Missin’, Hogie, Dobber, Murphys’ and that patio tonight And we’re at Kims’ Wooden Nicol on a Thursday, For some pints And lost and lonesome’s at the rollers with his Empty can emotion train Busted flat at brewers’ retail Just can’t kill the pain Drinks up spilled, flat and forgotten tears Whatever buys a few more beers And Corner Bar Cathy, make sure I get home alright Avondale Angie, wont’ you take me in tonight Avondale Angie, won’t ya’ take me in tonight Avondale Angie, put the coffee on tonight Angie won’t you make sure I find home For once and finally tonight Don’t ever leave me at the lost and found All of my memories are Niagara bound Corner Bar Cathy, please get Angie on my phone Travellin’ Niagara bound, Angie, I’m comin’ home

No comments:

Post a Comment