Thursday 7 March 2013

The News

The News –

I hear a blind artist screaming at the sun every time I listen to the news
I hear of hurricane winds ripping through the world every time I listen to the news

I see a thousand soldiers dying in the desert every time that I watch the news
I see some politicians hollering for early elections every time that I watch the news

I think of constant fear that’s planted in my mind every time, every which way that I read into the news
And I’m told of jobs all gone in suffering economies every time that I read the news

I hear a child cry while bathing in the rain every time I listen to the news
And I hear the warplanes tearing up the smoggy, blood red sky…..

And I hear the prophets gathering on the burning oil mines
And I hear the millions fighting o’er religion till they die

Tumbling towers falling to the ground, a nation cries
Several more will suffer from these quakes, they’ll drown, they’ll die
Every time my mind is on the news
Every time I read too much into the news
Each and every time my mind is pulled into the sexy, slutty, news
And I think the news’ viewers are all soon road-kill, frozen in their headlines,
On the street, confused and lonely, out of place and entranced at deer-crossings
Every time I listen to the news
It’s all about what monsters take and twist up in their minds
And mulch in their machines while ripping up the countryside
Every time I listen to the news
The reverend says respect your leaders every single time
That I tell him what was on the news



No comments:

Post a Comment